How long has it been since you had a Hostess Twinkie or Ding Dong? Friend….that’s too long. With the onslaught against “non-healthy” snack foods by certain groups of people; Twinkies, Ding Dongs and other snacks are getting the short end of the stick and slowly shrinking in market share and probably shelf space too.
If we look at these and other snack foods logically during the buying process; does someone really think they are eating something healthy when they purchase them or what about a 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell Ice Cream. Ignore the media and other health experts; if one wants buy these items…let us help them do so.
Here is the framework for a successful marketing campaign for Hostess Twinkies and Ding Dongs.
- Go retro (target the 40+ market)
- “Remember When…” campaigns showing different periods when they were being enjoyed
- Personal stories of what surrounded the event of eating the product
- Showing the same people doing the same event present day eating the product
- State Fair fried Twinkies and Ding Dong interviews